So it's almost finals. boo :( only two weeks left of class though, yay! overall I am excited to get this semester over with. I start clinicals in the fall and I am definitely looking forward to leaving all the book work behind and getting my hands dirty! Tonight I was reading my devotional and it was basically about how John the Baptist was sent by God to tell everyone about the light. He was telling anyone who would listen that, "Someone is coming who is far greater than I am". This is from John 1:1-18. As I continued to read, I realized that as finals week approaches, I have several people on my team, just like God had John the Baptist on His team. I have friends who are part of the same process as I am (good luck everyone!) and I have family who are beyond supportive. All of them are great at cheering me on. But as I really start to get tired, frustrated (thanks finance 101), and annoyed, I know the only person I really need is Jesus. He is the ultimate cheerleader. It may sound funny, but I literally can imagine him cheering me on with big gold sparkly pom poms. ha! I know that when I get discouraged, all I need to do is take a moment to stop and pray about it and I'll be good to go! Family and friends are fantastic cheerleaders, but my head cheerleader is Him; is He yours? Just some food for thought
~Ashlin
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; and I will hold you up. Isaiah 41:10
No comments:
Post a Comment