Sunday, April 21, 2013

eyewitness

Happy Sunday Everyone!

So it's not a secret that we as a country have been dealing with some nasty and unfortunate events lately.  I could go on and on about what a shame it is or about what my opinion is, but that is not my main priority.  Ironically, I opened my devotional this morning where I was instructed to read Luke 1:1-4.  This verse says, " Most honorable Theophilus, Many people have written accounts about the events that took place among us.  They used as their source material the reports circulating among us from the early disciples and other eyewitnesses of what God has done in fulfillment of his promises.  Having carefully investigated all of these accounts from the beginning, I have decided to write a careful summary for you, to reassure you of the truth of all you were taught".  This passage was written by Luke about the life of Jesus.  Many people had claimed that they had the inside scoop.  So Luke took it upon himself to find out the real truth from the testimonies of eyewitnesses.
I think it is important to note that there were several people who claimed to know the truth about Jesus.  And you can be sure that not everyone had the same account of His life.  This reminded me about the most recent events here in the US.  I can recall several times, while following the event on twitter, of news crews and people taking back earlier made statements because they were found to be unsound.  This was frustrating.  Everyone wants the truth and they want it now and so it becomes difficult to decifer between what is sound and what is just being thrown out there.
Overall, I see things like this happen in every day life.  Everyone has an opinion about an event or situation until that eyewitnesses comes around and sets everyone straight.  I know I almost always jump to whichever statement or opinion sounds the best.   That's the one that has to be right, right?! Not always.
There is good news though!  We have an eyewitness that can tell the whole story, from every perspective.  The bible.  Whenever someone comes to you with uncertainty or has a question weighing on their heart, don't be quick to jump to the "best answer" you can think of. Consult your witness and give that person God's answer.  He knows best after all!

Psalm 33:4-6 

For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.  The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.  By the word of the LORD were the heavens made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth.



Have a great Sunday,
~Ashlin

No comments:

Post a Comment