I purchased a devotions book a few months ago. Ive opened it maybe five times. Embarassing! :/ It seems that I am so busy dealing with what life throws my way that I dont take the time to slow down and spend quality time with God. After a few weeks of this charade, I notice i'm stressed to the max. Huh, how peculiar! And every time, my eyes are pulled to that devotions book on my desk and I think "ohh, shoot". I think we all deal with stuff like this. Life seems to always have something new, exciting, or stressful ready to throw in our faces. All this does is avert us from what is important. Jeramiah 2:25 says "Slow down. Take a deep breath. What's the hurry? Why wear yourself out? Just what are you after anyway?". This is God begging us to spend time with Him. He wants our attention and our full attention. This doesn't mean He wants us to drop everything that is important to us, He just wants us to remember that what we do for ourselves, should ultimately be to glorify Him. If He is not the focus of our actions, then our focus is corrupt. I know I need to remember that and be daily reminded. I hope as your Friday folds out and your weekend begins that you will take some quality time to slow down and spend some time with God. I know I will be!
~Ashlin
Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
and he will establish your plans.
and he will establish your plans.
In their hearts humans plan their course,
but the LORD establishes their steps.
– Proverbs 16:3 and 16:9
No comments:
Post a Comment