Sunday, June 16, 2013
Father's Day
I am addicted to pinterest. I can spend hours browsing through pictures, recipes, cute outfits, you name it. But today, on Father's Day, I'm scrolling down through my pinterest feed, and I see the following:
and I stop scrolling. It wasn't the list of characteristics about God that got me; it wasn't the adjoining verses that caught my attention. It was the first, top most two words that grabbed my eyes. My Father.
I had heard this said probably a million times in church; in the songs we sing, the verses i've read, the sermons I've heard, but today these two words carry a lot more weight. Father's Day is a day to praise our dads (or grandpas, step-dads, uncles, whoever) for being the awesome guys they are. But do we ever really praise God for being such a cool dad? I never have. Think about all he does for us. Like any other dad, he listens to our problems, rejoices with us in our triumphs, comforts us in times of despair and hopelessness, and encourages us to be the best person we can be. He's the whole package deal when it comes to great dads. So on this Father's Day, say thanks to your dads, grandpas, uncles, and "whoevers" but be sure to take a moment and thank God for being such an amazing Father.
In Christ,
Ashlin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment